Friday, July 12, 2019

Opening to Rebirth

I notice the patterns and habits that might be difficult to break. There's almost a programming energy to how they manifest. I feel my way naturally into certain patterns and have to work hard to do something else. Like water directed in its flow in a creek bed, my patterns flow without thought. Worn into the ground of my being over time, they flow through and shape my inner landscape and determine what can grow there. They flow beyond and shape the outer landscape of my life. Storms may arise and floods may overwhelm them and begin to change the ways I flow. Or I may need to dig new pathways. 

Either way, the ecosystem is disturbed. But what new living and growing things become possible because of it?








The Great Summer Writing Retreat of 2019 continues. One hundred days of writing unedited ideas and following a prompt to its sometimes illogical conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment