Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Eclipse

There are some days when it is better to hibernate than it is to come out and write. 

I've never much thought of July as a month to hibernate, but these days I am starting to question many of my assumptions. Maybe it's a latent effect of yesterday's eclipse. There was a lot of buzz online about overturned soul soil related to the movements of sun and moon. But the sun and moon do this dance every month, so there isn't much new about it. 

Except that what usually remains hidden is revealed and what is usually seen is obscured.

That may be just enough to throw things out of kilter, and I wonder how long I am going to feel like I want to disappear behind the moon.








The Great Summer Writing Retreat of 2019 continues. One hundred days of writing unedited ideas and following a prompt to its sometimes illogical conclusion.


Photo: Rodrigo Garrido, Reuters

No comments:

Post a Comment