Saturday, June 22, 2019

Two Words

The energy has definitely shifted. 

I can feel it. 

I've published this writing and come back to it. There is more I want to say, And nothing I want to say. I find myself feeling ambivalent about writing today. I keep coming back to one of my writing teacher's wisdom. Natalie Goldberg says of writing practice, "Keep your pen moving. Don't stop writing." If you can't think of something to say, then write, "I can't think of something to say." Keep writing that over and over again until the thoughts start moving again.

She says that writers digest experience. 

I've been digesting today. Even if I've not been writing. Or perhaps I am censoring my thoughts. 

I wonder what I might write if I allowed my thoughts to flow freely onto the page.  











The Great Summer Writing Retreat of 2019 begins. One hundred days of writing unedited ideas and following a prompt to its sometimes illogical conclusion.


Art by Aliaussie


No comments:

Post a Comment