Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Tiny Frustrations and a Breath of Fresh Air

It's one of those days when everything seems to irritate me.

I'd like to go out for a walk but it's too hot and muggy and I'm surrounded by concrete and asphalt outside these walls. So I'm taking a break from work and listening to Steely Dan while sipping homemade chicken broth. I bring a thermos to work to help stave off the mid-afternoon hungries. I'm not sure if I actually get hungry. It's likely just a dip in blood sugar and my body's reaction to being inside and sitting at a desk doing administrative work.

I probably need a vacation.

It's been awhile since I've headed off to some wild place.

There's my medicine. 

Running on Empty by Jackson Brown just came up on the Amazon playlist I'm listening to. I've fast forwarded past that and it's now Take It Easy by the Eagles. 

Message received.








The Great Summer Writing Retreat of 2019 begins. One hundred days of writing unedited ideas and following a prompt to its sometimes illogical conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment