Saturday, June 8, 2019

A Glass of Rose and Joseph Campbell

I sat on the patio at the Yardley Inn on an achingly beautiful day.

I went late in the afternoon, missing both the lunch and dinner crowds. Dazzling blue skies framed the swiftly moving river. Lazy breezes caressed my skin. Bikers revved their engines as they stopped at the three-way stop. A man in a fancy pick up truck blew his horn. When I looked up, he blew a kiss.

I'd gone to enjoy the day. To read. To sip a glass of rose.








The Great Summer Writing Retreat of 2019 riffs off a Natalie Goldberg retreat I attended a couple of years ago. We wrote from prompts every day and then shared what we wrote. This series is my second annual 100 Days of Summer Writing Practice. I'm writing whatever comes to mind and not editing my ideas. So, writing and putting that writing out into the world. Every. Single. Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment