Sunday, June 23, 2019

A Little Bit of Chaos

i'm writing quickly tonight.

It's a race to the finish. I'm competing against Comcast. My service has been frustratingly spotty lately. Actually, it's been going on for a couple of years. Here and there, at first. I've noticed a definite decrease in quality. Sometimes I think I spend more time on the phone with their customer service than I do on the Internet. I have trouble with connectivity and outages almost every day. It's been so bad lately, they gave me a $40 credit on my bill yesterday.

I honestly don't understand it. And I know I'm not the only one. The customer service reps have a script. The script seems designed to keep people calm and encourage them to not move their service to Verizon. I've got to say, though, the $79.99 introductory price at Verizon is looking pretty good these days when I'm paying more than $200 a month to Comcast for the "triple play."  And that's for the step just above basic cable with no premium channels. And crappy internet service. 

I had not exactly intended to rant about Comcast, but almost every time I sign in, there's a problem. To have my chief tool and shipping method on the fritz almost constantly, creates some stress.

And it contributes to the chaos I've been feeling lately.
  
As I'm thinking about it just now, I'm wondering if there is some good that comes with this kind of chaos. Is there a resilience I cultivate as I work with this situation? Or is it merely an annoying frustration that serves no real purpose? 







The Great Summer Writing Retreat begins. One hundred days of writing unedited ideas and following a prompt to its sometimes illogical conclusion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment