Sunday, June 24, 2018

Simple Dreams Are the Eggs in My Nest

Part of this Summer of Self-Love for me is paring down and simplifying my life.

So, I've been doing some research about how to do that. And I've discovered that simplifying your life is a very complex process. My eyeballs want to fall out while I've been studying how to create a capsule wardrobe. There are entire books written about the subject. And this is just one area of life. I fled Amazon and searched for blog posts. The processes described there are just as frustratingly complex. Too much for me to think about. 

I am trying to simplify.

It feels like the simplest thing to do would be to leave things as they are and ignore what I don't like. Spend all my time away from home, meeting new people and discovering new things. Of course, that's a cop out. And that just will not do.

So I suppose I am going to try my own simplification ideas. Things like deciding what my best life would look like and getting rid of anything that doesn't fit that as I come across those items. Things like taking a small corner of my space and bringing order there. And then doing that again. And again. And again. 

Eventually, won't I end up with what I want?

I don't know the answer to that, but it seems like something to try. So, that's what I'm going to do this week. Ask myself the question, "What does my best life look like?" and "Am I living that best life by doing this, keeping that, eating this, watching that?" And as I think about all this, some of Yoda's words come to me.

Try not. Do.

Another thing comes to me as I think about all this. In December, when I was planning my year to come, a thought emerged. And that was to live my best life. Whatever that means. Of course, only I can decide what that means.

Part of what it means it to get up every morning with that intention.

So. Another experiment and adventure for the week. I set a precedent the last couple of days, after all. 

Wake each day with the intention to live my best life. 

And live intentionally while doing that. 

I'm excited to think about what that might look like. And whether or not I'm going to have buyer's remorse tomorrow morning when I get up and roll my eyes at myself. And considering that the mere mention of self-love a month ago would have had me rolling my eyes, it just might be that I'll be able to get over this too. 

I'm laughing as I'm writing this. Been doing that a lot lately.  








The Summer of Self-Love is a daily writing practice birthed June 1, 2018 as a container for harnessing three months for thriving. The goal at the end is to host a dinner party. Sounds like an odd Hero's Journey, doesn't it? Most of them usually are.

No comments:

Post a Comment