Friday, June 22, 2018

I Am Grateful

I'm grateful for the pen on the page. 
I'm grateful for how soft this morning feels.
I'm grateful for the sound of birds singing.


And I'm grateful to be seeing Charlie today, and for cantaloupe and strawberries. And Darjeeling tea.

For the wind moving in the trees. And for the subtle color changes in a grey morning sky - which is not really grey at all, but is a soft, muted blue and white. 

The white changes its tone, depending on the light.

I'm grateful for memories that recall moments of pleasure and bring a smile to my face this early in the morning.

I'm grateful for the sunshine, and for the reminder of its blazing light on my left arm. I'm more than a bit sun kissed there.

I'm grateful for the mess on my kitchen table - it give me something to strive for. 

I'm grateful for the message from a friend this morning, as we look forward to a writing workshop that we didn't know we were taking together. 

I'm grateful for the space to explore the unthinkable and to engage that courageously in my writing.

I'm grateful for the small rose bowl of pansies sitting on my kitchen counter and for the delight I feel to discover that they have fragrance.

Did I know that before?
Did  I mention strawberries?
Did I mention the sun and the moon and the stars?

I'm grateful for the desert and for cactus flowers and for beautiful horses with soulful eyes. I'm grateful to be part of their herd.

Sometimes I like horses more than people.

I'm grateful to be able to fill two pages with the things I am grateful for. And that it was no effort at all to think of them.

I'm grateful for the surprise I received this morning. It was totally unexpected. Duh. Rather the essence of surprise.

I'm grateful for the moments I catch myself being beautifully human.






The Summer of Self-Love is a daily writing practice birthed June 1, 2018 as a container to harness three months for thriving. The goal at the end is to host a dinner party. Sounds like an odd Hero's Journey, doesn't it? Most of them usually are.


No comments:

Post a Comment