Tuesday, July 2, 2024

More Beautiful Days

The days have been achingly beautiful. Cool, breezy mornings. Clear, blue skies. Cloud shapes move across a wide-open canvas. Everything is deep green and lush from recent rains. Birds are nesting again. Cicadas have begun their songs. Butterflies move liltingly among the flowers.

The weeds are growing again in the garden. It's about time to claw them away. The coneflower still waits to be dug into the garden. I wait for morning glory vines to cover the fence and reveal big blue blooms to wish me a good morning. I never did plant the moonflowers. They'll wait for next summer.

I swim in the morning and enjoy the beauty. I pass in and out of my house and enjoy the beauty. I sit on the terrace in the cool of the evening and enjoy the beauty.

With so much ugliness in the world these days, the beauty and peace of nature softens the shocks that seem to come daily in the headlines. We must have places to retreat from the agony of living and enjoy the beauty of life. 





Tomorrow Has Become Yesterday is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment