Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Heat Wave

Temperatures have been in the high 90s, feel like more than a hundred. The air is so thick I sometimes think I can see it. I got up early today and went to the pool just after eight. Didn't even flinch when I got in the water. The other night I went swimming in the evening and the water was positively warm, almost like a bath. Friends in desert communities report temps nearing 115. I don't know how they're surviving. It's almost too much for me, walking from the house to the car and then to the office door, and from the office door to the car and then to the house. A Facebook friend went on a three hour mountain bike ride through the desert the other day. I'm waiting for a break in the temps to work in the garden. That reminds me, she needs a drink.   




Tomorrow Has Become Yesterday is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment