Sunday, August 2, 2020

When There's No Time To Write

A bowl of figs sits on the table next to me. A cooler, teabags, a bit of mess. My suitcase is packed with too many clothes, but I like choices. Too many books, again, the choices. Pens, new Flair markers, Epsom salts and lavender essential oil. It's amazing how much I've packed for three days.

In the morning I'll load up the car and take off. Take my time on a slow drive toward the ocean. Eighteen hours from now I'll feel sand between my toes and chill, salty water pooling around my ankles. 

But for now, I look out my kitchen windows and see pink ribbons of cloud streak blue skies as the sun sets. The moon will rise shortly, not quite full. She'll be full tomorrow, seconds before noon. I hope to see her rise just after sunset. 

I just noticed that while writing, I forgot that there was no time to write today.








Days of Accidental Beauty: 40 Days of Noticing is a daily writing practice that invites discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment