Monday, August 24, 2020

I Should Be Doing Laundry

But, instead, I am doing anything but.

It sits in the basket in my hallway. Sheets. Towels. Dishtowels. I'm in trouble if I procrastinate until bedtime. All my sheets are in there.

When I traded my expensive apartment for my tiny, inexpensive apartment five years ago, one thing I gave up was a washer and dryer. I'm not sure that I would make that choice again. But I wanted to reduce my living expenses so I could write more and have money to travel and have less financial stress, so there it is. 

The thing is, there's no travel these days and there's a pandemic going on with contagion swirling around all over the place. I'm rethinking my priorities. Going to the laundromat feels a little more risky than it did when we took these kinds of things for granted. 

There's a lot we've taken for granted that we're rethinking these days. 




Days of Accidental Beauty: 40 Days of Noticing is a daily writing practice dedicaated to discovery. 



No comments:

Post a Comment