Friday, July 24, 2020

The Soul Knows What It Needs to Heal

I'm taking off the next two weeks to write.

I have a few projects I'd like to dive into and see what's alive for me right now. I have this forty day writing project. I've also been working non-stop and overworking since the pandemic quarantine began, so it probably is a good idea to rest my brain and restore myself a bit. Or a lot.

I find that changing my focus just a bit can be deeply restorative, so while I won't be on a literal vacation, I expect to restore vitality. I'm noticing that I'm using the word restore a lot. 

The soul knows what it needs to heal.

Usually when I'm getting ready to take some time off, I tend to work twice as much to be able to take that time. This time is no different. Truth be told, I've had to work more than I usually do before taking a couple of weeks off. I was talking with a friend yesterday and we were laughing about it. Not laughing because it's funny. Laughing in a tragic flaw kind of way.

Tragic flaw is something that has stayed with me from my secondary education. A tragic flaw in literature is a quality within a person's character that brings about an inevitable downfall of a protagonist in a tragedy. It's something that he, or she, will not escape. It's a little bit like a wound that cannot be healed.

Mine is love. I love too hard. My friend disarmed me with a question while we were talking about all this. She reminded me about my propensity to love. And then asked,

What is love when it is unboundaried?

She did not expect me to answer the question, said it is rhetorical. I disagree. It seems to me that the question begs reflection. Or my patterns do.

So today I took a break for some space. Spaciousness. The list of tasks I need to complete before I take off sits next to me on the table. It will all get done. 








Days of Accidental Beauty: 40 Days of Noticing is a daily writing practice that invites discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment