Sunday, August 18, 2019

Every Day I Write

Why is it that when you book a hotel room online, your Facebook feed becomes saturated with posts about hotel rooms that are less expensive, and nicer, than the one you just booked? 

It is as if the culture is set up to try to make us feel dissatisfied with that we have.

Every day I write in my morning journal three things I'm grateful for. Each night before I go to bed I think about the day and what was wonderful about it, what was challenging, what I want to remember.  

Gentle resistance. Good medicine. The last word.







The Great Summer Writing Retreat of 2019 continues. One hundred days of writing unedited ideas and following a prompt to its sometimes illogical conclusion. And showing up. Every. Single. Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment