Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Creating Space

On long days days at work, when I won’t get home til late at night, I’m grateful for my smart phone and one fingered typing. I’m grateful for being able to connect to the Internet in unexpected places. I’m grateful for the will and the courage to write and publish  even when the circumstances aren’t ideal. There’s something about showing up for yourself that entrains a muscle you might not realize you have. It’s all about realizing what is true for you, setting a boundary that creates space for that truth to be expressed, and creating a discipline that enables you to hold that boundary. 






The Great Summer Writing Retreat continues. One hundred days of writing unedited ideas and following a prompt to its sometimes illogical conclusion. And showing up. Every. Single. Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment