Monday, October 15, 2018

Trickster Wins the Day

Coyote crossed my path today.

Right there in the middle of the Badlands, where dust storms raised spirits in the dust that danced so high they obscured mountains.

Trickster wins the day. 

All my lights need recharging. I did not discover it til after dark, and it is so cold my iPhone could pass out at any moment. It likes neither heat not cold. 

All that's left to do is watch the stars twinkling in the night sky and go to sleep. But I'm feeling wide awake and like I'd like to do something. Last night I was sleepy quite early, but someone was playing loud music that moved through this quiet wilderness like a band of raucous revelers. 

I imagine that when I finally settle down, the coyotes will begin to sing.






Into the Beams is an approximately 40-day wilderness writing journey during the period of the 2018 Venus retrograde period. There is no agenda other than to show up and discover the treasure buried there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment