Friday, October 12, 2018

Conversation with Crow

The crow in the tree is talking to me.

He got my attention while I was going off in my morning journal with mindless chatter, purging nighttime thought clutter and early morning dreams. His language is curious. I've never heard anything like it before. 

He went on this way for awhile, charming me with clever conversation. And then he released his hold on the branch and glided away - effortlessly. The tree is empty now and it feels a little lonely without his presence. 

Or maybe it's me. Maybe I liked listening to the crow talking. I liked our coversation. I liked talking with someone so much wiser than me. 

I watch crows fly by as the day goes on and wonder if it is he.








Into the Beams is an approximately 40-day wilderness writing journey during the period of the 2018 Venus retrograde period. The only agenda is to show up and discover the riches buried there.

No comments:

Post a Comment