Friday, September 6, 2024

Tomorrow Quickly Becomes Yesterday

The pool is closed. I lift my head from about ten days of a belly virus. My brother tells me he's heard that something like it has been going around. The air cools, and it feels like summer is quickly slipping away. 

Labor Day brought an end to the season in our East Coast mindset. Today is the 98th of 100 days of summer. The equinox is just a few weeks away. Tomorrow quickly becomes yesterday.

My garden needs a good pruning. Spent flower heads, exhausted herbs, weeds that have grown up between the stones of my patio ~ they all need my attention. When things are tidied, the garden will look fresh again.

A healthy harvest of sage waits to be picked. I'll let it dry and use it in my fall cooking, give some of it away. While I don't care for pumpkin spice anything, I love pumpkin ravioli with a nice sage brown butter sauce. 

But not until October.   





Tomorrow Has Become Yesterday is a (sometimes) daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment