Sunday, August 4, 2024

Swimming Beneath a Rainbow

Between a quick trip to Washington and storms moving through the area, it's been tricky to get in my swim. But, an early morning swim on Friday and evening swims on Saturday and Sunday, before and after the storms did the trick. Saturday's was short, as thunder rumbled 15 minutes after I began and 15 minutes later the skies opened up. This evening skies were mostly blue with some cloud and just a little light rain. 

About halfway through I turned my head and looked up. A rainbow was set against the clouds in the east. A full arc, camouflaged in the center, as the sun sank in the west and the cloudlets blushed.





Tomorrow Has Become Yesterday is a (nearly) daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment