Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Nocturne

It's getting a little ridiculous.

I'll be glad for the new moon and the shift in energy. These late night lunar invitations are taking their toll on my sleep. Of course, it could be Venus. 

Last night I was up sometime after 2, after having awakened at 1:15. I shuffled into the kitchen for a drink of water and a look out the window and Venus was rising just above the treeline. 

Simply spectacular.

The moon was not due to rise for several hours, about an hour before dawn, and I had hoped to be sound asleep when she did. But I woke again around 3:30, and then sometime after 4, and again at who-knows-what-time. 

I tried not to think about the long day ahead at work. 

By the time I got up for the morning a little before 7, Venus had long been folded into the lightening sky, perhaps even obscured by cloud. Her siren song had been silenced.

As I'm writing, it's nighttime and I'm wondering if Venus will sing to me again tonight. Or will she let me sleep? 

Is there something she's trying to tell me deep in the night?







Beauty in the Night: Meditations in the Dark Time of the Year. I don't know if this will be a series, but if there is one in me, this is what I am drawn to thinking about and writing about these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment